Arizona Health Insurance Quotes
Welcome to InsureMe’s Arizona health insurance quotes and information page.
We have assembled below some information regarding your rights as a health
insurance consumer in the state of Arizona, as well as some tips for shopping
for health care coverage.
If you are ready to get a quote, fill out the
box on the right to get started. InsureMe’s free health insurance quote service
can provide you up to five Arizona health insurance quotes from insurance agents
that compete to earn your business.
Arizona Health Insurance Regulations
Arizona is a moderately-regulated state in terms of health insurance rights,
with provisions in place to help both the consumer and the health insurance
- Arizona has in place a guaranteed renewal policy that forbids health
insurance companies from terminating your policy because of illness. As long as
you do not violate the terms of the contract agreed upon with the insurance
company, your policy must be renewed.
- Insurance companies are required to cover any newborn or newly-adopted child
for 31 days if the insurance policy already covers dependents. After the 31-day
period, the policyholder is responsible for adjusting the policy
Shopping for Health Insurance Policies in Arizona
In all other aspects, Arizona does not mandate the availability or type of
insurance health insurance companies offer. Insurance companies may tailor their
Arizona health insurance policies to the specific consumer as they see fit. This
means the consumer must be aware of the following:
- If you have a pre-existing condition, you might not receive coverage for
that condition, or you might be faced with a waiting period.
- You may be charged a higher premium for having a pre-existing
- As you get older or your health declines, you may face higher premiums for
your health insurance coverage.
Keep these tips in mind when looking for coverage:
- Carefully review the insurance policy and contact the insurance company or
agent if you have any questions.
- Review the section of your heath insurance policy entitled "exclusions and
limitations" to find out what won’t be covered.
- Find out the frequency at which the insurance company increases its rates
and how age changes your rates.
- When buying a managed care plan, make sure the provider’s directory includes
suitable doctors, hospitals and other care providers convenient to you.
- Look for "health plan report cards" that assess quality of care and consumer
satisfaction among the various health care plans.
- Call the insurer’s call center phone number to see how long it takes them to
- If you have pre-existing conditions or other special needs, check with a
doctor or a support organization to see if they have health insurance
Thank you for visiting our Web site. If you are ready to save on your Arizona
health insurance now, please fill out the box at the top right hand side of the