Home is not only where the heart is, but where you keep your belongings, take solace after a long day and keep warm on a cold night. It's important to protect the place that provides you with so much, so that if an unexpected event occurs, you are covered.
Finding Washington D.C. home insurance may seem like a gigantic task. Being informed makes it less overwhelming. And having a little help never hurts.
At InsureMe, we are that extra help you need. Give a little information about yourself, and we'll get you up to five, free quotes.
Protect yourself—get insured now!
So Many Choices!
Don't feel overwhelmed with all the options. The more you know about the types of Washington D.C. home insurance available to you, the easier it will be to find the policy that fits your budget and needs.
2 Kinds of Named Peril Policies:
- Basic Coverage Perils: Covers fire, lightening, windstorm, hail, explosion, riot, or civil commotion, aircraft, vehicles, smoke, vandalism and theft.
- Broad Coverage Perils: Covers all basic perils, as well as volcanic eruption, falling objects, weight of snow, snow or sleet, collapse of building, accidental discharge or water or steam and sudden or accidental damage from an artificially generated electrical current.
Types of Policies
If you are a homeowner, choose from:
- Broad Policy (HO-2): This insures your home against loss or damage caused by broad coverage perils.
- Special Policy (HO-3): The most popular North Dakota home insurance, the special policy insures your home against broad coverage perils other than those named in the exclusion clause.
- Comprehensive Policy (HO-3/HO15 or HO-5): This is a more expensive and less widely offered policy that provides the broadest coverage for your home—against any event except those named in the exclusion clause.
- Modified Coverage Policy (HO-4): There are certain standards that homes must meet in order to qualify for most types of North Dakota home insurance. However, if you live in an older home or one that doesn't comply with those requirements, this type of policy may be for you. It insures your home against only the basic perils. This type of insurance returns your home to an inhabitable condition, not necessarily to its condition prior to the event.
If you are a renter or condo owner, choose from:
- Tenants/Renters Policy (HO-4): This protects your personal property against the broad coverage perils. Like homeowners' policies, it pays any medical expense, living expense and liability coverage.
- Condominium Owners' Policy (HO-6): Because in most cases the condominium association owns the building, this type of insurance will cover the part of the building you own—your condo! It also insures any additions you've made. Like a homeowners' policy, it pays any medical expense, living expense and liability coverage.
Write It Down
You don't necessarily have to make a list of everything you own. But keeping track of your possessions and their value can make your life easier when you are determining what type of policy to purchase. It will also prove useful if you lose your belongings in an unexpected event and have to file an insurance claim.
Don't Be Overwhelmed
Washington D.C. home insurance can save you time and money down the road. InsureMe will assist with your effort to find the right home insurance.
The only thing left is to contact us and get home insurance today.