Your survivors depend on you to make good decisions and protect them in the best way possible when purchasing a life insurance policy. But North Carolina life insurance can be a complicated and bewildering product. You want something affordable, yet significant enough to stabilize your family's finances and help replace income in your absence.
That's where InsureMe comes in. We have contracted with many of North Carolina's life insurance agents who can give you the life insurance policy you need at a price you can afford. All it takes is a few minutes of your time and a little information.
Let InsureMe help you find the North Carolina life insurance quote you need. Your family's future is at stake!
Life insurance is a substantial investment in the lives of both yourself and your loved ones. Cost can be significant-but benefits can be crucial.
Selecting the North Carolina life insurance policy best suited to your needs requires four steps: deciding how much life insurance you need; how much you can afford to pay; the type of policy providing you the broadest, most-needed coverage; and the amounts various life insurance companies charge for that type of policy.
Choosing the Right Kind of Life Insurance
North Carolina life insurance is available in three basic types:
North Carolina life insurance agents can explain these characteristics further and help you determine which type of life insurance is appropriate for you.
Follow these guidelines to ensure a comfortable purchasing experience and to best maintain your North Carolina life insurance policy:
Before You Buy
- Comparison shop, comparing plans from several life insurers
- Verify that all companies and agents are licensed in North Carolina
- Make sure you understand everything in a policy, and ask questions about anything you do not understand
- Pay premiums only by check or money order-NEVER CASH-and be sure to get receipts
- Buy only the life insurance you need and can afford
- Review applications carefully before signing
After You Buy
- Take advantage of North Carolina's 10-day "free look" period to examine the policy you select
- Review your policy frequently to make sure it continues to meet your needs
- Keep your life insurance policy in a safe place with other important documents
- Tell your beneficiaries where your policies are located
- Provide your beneficiaries with your agent's name and a copy of your life insurance policy
- Inform your life insurance company or agent of any change of address
Your Life Insurance Premium
North Carolina life insurance premiums are calculated based on numerous factors, all of which point to claims risk. Insurers especially scrutinize health conditions such as obesity and diabetes, as well as whether you are a smoker, have high cholesterol or other disorders leading to poor health and quicker death.
You will be required to undergo a physical exam, after which you will be assigned a status based on age, gender and health. This status determines the amount you are required to pay for your North Carolina life insurance.
For further questions concerning North Carolina state law regarding life insurance, or to ask specific life insurance questions, you may contact the North Carolina Department of Insurance Consumer Services Division at 800-546-5664. They are also accessible online at www.ncdoi.com.
Get free life insurance quotes now!
If you're ready to get your free North Carolina life insurance quotes quickly and easily, just fill out our "Get a free quote" box now. We'll send you up to five life insurance quotes from some of the top insurers in the state.
Finding the best North Carolina life insurance at the best possible price is easy with InsureMe!